Tuesday, January 31, 2012

53 Degrees

What a beautiful day!!!  If the rest of the winter is like this, I will take it. Hopefully that Ground Hog will help us out and see nothing!!! 

Today marks the one year anniversary of THE HAIRCUT.  I had been waiting for my daughter to have long enough hair to braid and do fun things with for EVER.  (I mean really-  I bought hairbows the day I found out I was having a girl!)   Last January, I was so excited about Emmie's hair.  It was getting long, pretty curls.  I had been practicing cute little girl hairstyles and had even gone on-line and bought a few things to do the PERFECT Easter hair!  Easter hairstyling is only second to wedding hairstyling on a flowergirl-  Like the Olympics of hair to me...  then one awful night I came home to THE CUT!  My five year old, in absense of fatherly attention, had taken a scissors and cut off her top ponies! (under the rubberband I might add!)    Devestated, I scooped her up and whisked her to the nearest Cost Cutters like it was an emergency room and she had lost a limb!  I couldn't believe that no one grabbed her and yelled things like "get me 5mg of hairgel- STAT!"  I was in near tears- who I am kidding-  in full tears as they cut the mullet-like hair into a somewhat acceptable cut. 

Finally, this weekend I was able to again do something a little cute to her hair:
It is a little heart on the top of her head!  umm---  I live for this kind of cuteness!

We are still not back to what it was, but we are making some progress! 


I have an obsession with PINTEREST and I found this adorable idea for my son's lunch!
Hope he loves it as much as I do!  If not, it may be my lunch on Thursday! 
:)

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment