Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Long Week

Finally, I am back to having a computer at home.  We purchased an incredible touch screen computer and it finally came in on Friday.  Since then we have been teaching the kids how to use it.  Very fun.  We also had a great time in Madison visiting with my friend from college...  Auntie Pam and shopping at the mall.  Emmie had her first experience with Build a Bear.  Too fun!

I had a terrible MLK weekend.  It started with what should have been a lovely day with my son.  But in true Friday the 13th fashion, it turned into a really rotten day.   It started wonderfully.  Brady and I ate yummy Chinese Food (his favorite!)  on the way to see his cardiologist in Chicago.


When we got there, there was no record of our appointment.  Ugh...  also our insurance is messed up, double ugh...  and then there was a problem with how much Cumadin was in his system.  The nurse was rude and the whole time Brady was crabby.  (possibly due to the nasty bedside manor of our lovely old hag of a nurse!)  Then we found out he has a blood clot.  Not a fun visit.  Usually I look forward to these lovely days as a mommy/ Brady date, but then we had to finish our day at the mall as I promised when all I wanted to do was curl up and cry for a while.  The doctor really seems pretty unconcerned, and the good, happy nurse I love talked to me for a while on Monday so we will just try to hold things together and hope it is better in June when we go! 
So report cards are over and now the 3rd quarter begins.  I have a lot to do to get these kids ready for 2nd grade! 

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment