Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Day of work in 2012

Winter break is officially over!  Other than the initial shock of getting out of bed when it is dark, it was a good, productive day.  I recently found Pinterest, which sent me to a large number of first grade teaching blogs, which have given me a new life in my classroom.  I have found the fun in teaching again and am starting to create fun, new activities for my class.  It reminds me of how I felt during student teaching and my first few years.  The energy and excitement that I had when I was 22...  who could ask for more! 

One of my students left today...  :(  

My daughter just gave me a picture she made and told me to give it to my school and to my teacher.  :)  She must be starting to get the idea behind going to school.  She just turned 3.  Now she is putting her favorite books into a file folder.  The only downside to my job is that I wish I could be with her more.   

I also have a boy that is in Kindergarten. He was thrilled to be going back to school today.  Last week he was a little sad that break was taking so long.  So precious...  he is one of the few that was excited to go back.

So my goals...  

1. We ate at home and I packed a healthy lunch for tomorrow.  I love to eat out (have other people cook and clean up that is!)

2. I printed a ton of activities for my next few units at school.  I am ready to plan as soon as I sign off.

3.  We played a few rounds of Brady's new game after supper.  It was a fun way to spend some time together.

4.  I needed to add that I want to be more organinzed to my list of goals...  we'll see...   :)


Only 3 days of work left, I am sure I can make it! 

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment