Thursday, January 5, 2012

Teacher's Block

I have been sitting in front of my computer for about 20 min. trying to decide what exactly I am going to teach tomorrow when our Curriculum Superintendent observes tomorrow to see how I use my Promethean Board.   I am one of the very first in the district to get a board and so I feel like there is an expectation that whatever I do on it must be fabulous and show off every bell and whistle. There is debate about the effectiveness vs. cost as well, so I feel like I really need to be showing how effective it can be.  Besides all that, people throw around words like "guru and expert" which adds to the stress of it all.  UGH!    So after searching for a really great flipchart I had on Martin Luther King Jr. (not that I am going to use that, but it is missing and I loved it!)  I am now sitting here previously looking blankly at the empty Promethean Software and wishing that I could call in sick.  - (it is supposed to be 50 tomorrow!)  Anyway...  I am going to go do a little blog-stalking of some fabulous first grade blogs and hopefully some of their creativity will wear off on me! 

Wish me luck!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment