Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Keeping Up!?

Do you ever have those moments when you look around and think things are under control?  I am feeling like I am at a pace where I am actually keeping up.  hmmmm...  I had better be knocking on some wood!  I have not been sleeping well due to my cold, so I was pretty worried about how today would go.  It was going pretty well until I told my students that they would, yet again, have another sub this afternoon.  (In the past few weeks I have been to a few meetings and had 2 sick days with Emmie)  All of a sudden one of my boys starts SOBBING! I felt so bad!  The next thing I knew I had 3 or 4 kids all trying to hug me and looking sad.  Like dominoes falling...  luckily, my Promethean board saved me-  I played a funny song and they started dancing and forgot all about me deserting them.  Tragedy averted!

What I made for lunch! 

So here is the deal:  My kindergarten son just started ADHD meds in January.  He is already a picky eater, but the meds really mess with his appetite.  He has lost quite a bit of weight since September anyway, but he has lost another few pounds this last month.  So, overprotective HEART mom takes over, freaking out, and devises plans to make him healthy lunches he will actually eat.  So it started with me looking at Pinterest and having him pick fun items for me to copy.  Now, I say: what do you want in your lunch tomorrow?  and he picks a topic out of thin air.  Sunday it was Angry Birds- which messed up in the container and apparently was so disturbing that he ate hot lunch the next 2 days!  Tonight he picks...  LEGOS!  hmmmmm...  not hard to picture since they are laying all over my house! 

So here goes:

What I made for lunch! 


Not too bad!  Hopefully this one can make a few repeat appearances.


So another day done...  looks like we may get some cold.  Hopefully it won't last too long!  I am holding Woodstock Willie to his little Ground Hog's word of an early spring!

Julie  

No comments:

Post a Comment