Friday, February 17, 2012

Jelly for dinner and everyting else that makes perfect sense to a 3 year old!

Three is probably my favorite age for both of my kids so far.  I remember just daily laughing about things my son would do (like compliment our realator's shoes!) and I am finding the same joy wth my daughter.  She is really expressing herself and has such a new perspective of the world.  Here are some of our latest from our darling daughter!

1.  Eating out with Emelia has never been easy.  Brady would just sit and be cute and eat when he was supposed to, but not her.  She tries to stand up, screams bloody murder, and I am sure that very few of the victims eating around us find her very cute.  Tonight was different.  She sat still, was quiet, and ate the whole time.  Jelly...with a spoon. We went to a little hometown restaurant with the jelly in the four rows in square containers.  She had about 4 while her dinner sat with no attention paid to it.  At one point she looked at me proudly and said  "Jelly is GOOD!"  Well, I suppose it is....



2.  Emmie started dance this past month.  I have always dreamed of the beautiful ballerina daughters that float gracefully across the floor.  I am not letting go of that dream, but the past month has been more of a negotiation of trying to get her to stay in the room and somewhat comply until the end.  Last night we made it ALL the WAY THROUGH!!!  Thankfully!!!  The whole way home she explained to me that "you have to stay in dance the whole time!"   :)  There is hope!
Not the best pic quality, but awwwwww!


3. Reading is subjective.  I never knew that I don't know how to read properly.  I seem to be able to get by in the rest of my life, but apparently I read incorrectly when it is time for me to read to her.  She usually gets a little huffy, grabs the book, and begins to read the correct way!  I kind of am dreading what she may be like as a teen...

Smiles!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment