Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sunshine! Glorious Sunshine!

I can't even imagine how we went from winter to this incredible weather!  Yesterday morning when my class was graphing our weather for the month, I noticed the day that was marked for snow and asked the kids if that was a mistake!  We even checked weather.com to make sure!  Wow!  That hasn't been that long!  So I spent my day working on changing out winter to spring for my kids clothes...  quite a job!  It is one of my least favorite jobs because I get so sad that they will never wear any of my favorites again!  I did get out the new I bought on clearance last summer and am pretty excited about the new wardrobes! 

I have also been working on my new unit to put on Teachers Pay Teachers...  it is a set of Comparing Numbers Math centers/ tub activities that my students have been loving!  Hopefully I will be getting that out by the end of the weekend! 

Here is an example of one of our sight word activities we have been doing.  I made it out of a punchball from the dollar store.  (they come in 3's)  I was excited when we were reading yesterday because one of my strugglers said excitedly:  "This word was on our sight word ball!" and then he said it.  There is hope yet!


I just use a sharpie to add on the words that our traditionally hard from our list.  (I do throw in a couple of easier ones too so it isn't so overwhelming!!!) 


So I am off to blow bubbles with the kids!  Love these sunny rays!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so stinkin' cute!

    I love activities with beach balls.

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete