Sunday, December 16, 2012

Brady's Annual Cardiology Appointment (or my annual anxiety attack!)

So we made it almost a year between Cardiology appointments.  Last year we had a terrible visit- the worst of it being that we were told Brady has a clot in the undeveloped part of his heart.  We had just put him on meds for ADD which (we know now but didn't know then) lower his cumadin level to the point of almost non-existance.  The nurse accused me of not giving him his meds and  the whole visit made me feel like they were saying- "if you just gave your kid the meds we prescribe your kid wouldn't have a clot." and then sent me on my way saying- "Come back in a year!"  Are you kidding me!!!???   The lovely cumadin nurse the next week listened to me cry and was sympathetic and helped me to figure out the source of the problem.  But, that clot- ugh!  I wanted them to get it out immediately-  It has been in my thoughts and prayers every day wishing for it to go or to at least for it to stay where it was and not to give him a stroke.

This year was completely different.  Brady and I plan these days as mommy/Brady days of fun, throwing in a doctor appointment and this day went as well as planned. We had a great visit, the doctor said that the clot was not nearly as bright on the screen as last time. (which means it isn't as big)  The doctor said he thinks that the clot may come and go.  When I asked him how that could happen he was lighthearted and said it was just his theory and told us not to worry about it at all.  He said the clot is stuck in the underdeveloped area which is millemeters and that there is no where that the clot can go.  There was something very reassuring about the whole thing.  He also has a great new nurse that asked lots of good questions and answered very throughly.  I am still no excited about the clot, but I am much better able to deal with it.  These days are so full of anxiety for me, so I cannot even tell you how much relief comes from a great visit. 

 
We have been excitedly preparing for Christmas!



Visiting Santa!
 
 
Following our Elf on the Shelf's antics!
 

Visiting the Christmas Tree Farm
 

Emelia's First Christmas program!
(can you believe I spent more time doing
 her hair than the program lasted! lol
mom bought the adorable dress!)
 
 
These are just the most magical years with the kids!  There are so many fun things to do!!!
 
 
Have a great week!
Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment